From large post-production studios to small boutique houses, talented artists across the globe use Autodesk visual effects (VFX) software such as Autodesk 3dsMax, Autodesk Maya, Autodesk Flame, Softimage etc. to create stunning movies and television content.
Infact, Autodesk media and entertainment software has played a key role in making iconic super hero movies such as ‘Superman’, ‘Iron Man’, ‘Spiderman’ and many other for the past two decades. In 2006, ‘Superman Returns’ also utilized Autodesk software- Autodesk Maya, Autodesk Flame and Autodesk 3ds Maxfor showcasing spectacular work of art and special effects. Thus, it is not so surprising that today when ‘Man of Steel’is released worldwide, it is seen as Hollywood’s most anticipated movie of 2013.
Leading visual effects house that worked on Man of Steel include: Scanline, PLF, MPC, LOOK from North America; MPC & Double Negative from Europe and Middle East; Weta and Double Negative from APAC.
Some of Autodesk popular visual effects (VFX) software include:
- Autodesk® Maya® 3D animation software offers a comprehensive creative feature set for 3D computer animation, modeling, simulation, rendering, and compositing on a highly extensible production platform.
- Autodesk® 3ds Max® software provides a comprehensive 3D modeling, animation, rendering, and compositing solution for games, film, and motion graphics artists.
- Autodesk® Flame®: Is an innovative tool set for 3D visual effects, advanced graphics, and 3D compositing
- Autodesk® Mudbox® is a digital painting and digital sculpting software that enables you to create highly realistic 3D characters, engaging environments, detailed props, and compelling concept designs in less time.
- Autodesk® Softimage® character animation software offers high-performance creative tools for artists and technical directors working in 3D game development and visual effects
This year, a record-setting 21 animated films were eligible for nomination in the Best Animated Feature category. The five nominees all used Autodesk Maya 3D animation and visual effects software.