“We’re ecstatic at the enthusiastic reception we got from the SME and digital communities. We exceeded our expected number of nominations by almost 150 percent and we’ve seen some really inspiring stories of digitally powered business success. Digital truly is the future, and this is a resounding testament to that," said FVP and PLDT Smart SME Nation Head Kat Luna-Abelarde.
- The Boss for Mobile Readiness is the one who makes their product or service accessible anytime or anywhere. MobKard’s Carlo Calimon emerged as the winner of this category. MobKard is a mobile application that allows customers to receive exclusive promos in real time as they approach a store or a restaurant. It digitizes and converts traditional plastic privilege cards so merchants can create flash sales in store.
- The Boss for E-commerce successfully maximizes the Internet as the world’s largest marketplace and Kimstore’s Kim Lato proved to be the one who best exemplifies this. Kimstore is a name synonymous to online tech and gadget shopping. A pioneer of e-commerce in the Philippines, Kimstore is known for its commitment to safe and trustworthy online shopping of gadgets including notebooks, tablets, PCs, cameras, gaming consoles and of course, mobile phones.
- The Boss for Social Responsibility is the one who effectively harnesses the power of technology for a notable cause. The honor of being the first ever Bozz awardee under this category went to Messy Bessy’s Kristine Reyes-Lopez. Messy Bessy Cleaners, Inc. produces and sells cleaning and personal care items made from biodegradable, non-toxic and all-natural materials. They operate with project HOUSE—Helping Ourselves through Sustainable Enterprises—which is a group of enterprises that employs and educates formerly abused, jailed and trafficked young adults.
- The Boss for Social Media utilizes social media platforms to create meaningful connections with customers and grow an online community of brand advocates which is what renowned wedding videographer Jason Magbanua has been doing for the past decade. Known as the “holy grail of wedding videographers,” Magbanua is one of the most in-demand wedding videographers in the country. He pioneered the “same-day-edit” videos, and his creations are popular on social media sites.
- The Boss for Customer Service uses digital platforms to provide better service and improve their business processes. Under this category, the first ever Bozz is TimeFree Innovations founder Chino Atilano. TimeFree Innovations is a virtual queuing solutions company. It allows users to get an e-ticket through their smartphone. They then receive SMS alerts regarding their position in the queue so users don’t have to waste time waiting in line. This innovation helps companies improve their customer service and build brand loyalty.
“This is just the beginning of our efforts to help and encourage more Filipino SMEs to embrace digital platforms,” she added. “We hope that this new breed of industry movers and shakers will inspire other SMEs to embrace technology driven platforms and become digital."