Sunday, October 11, 2009

Indulge in the Uniquely Singapore Experience!

Singapore is close to my heart because my first international trip was when I went to Singapore for a vacation. I went there on a very conspicuous date of August 08, 2008 (08-08-08). It was also my birthday.

And there I experience the rich blend in culture characterized by the mixture of multi-racial communities mainly comprised by Chinese, Malays, Indians, and Eurasians. The people has respect with each other and live peacefully together.

Their cuisines,arts, and architecture reflect their harmony of tastes and style.
But once is truly not enough, I dearly hope to be back there once again and I hope it would be through this event by Nuffnang to enjoy our stay with fellow bloggers.
And if given this precious opportunity, I would be going places and trying more of the Singaporean food with the following itinerary:
I would wake up very early and go to Sentosa island through the cable car. I want it really early so I could ride tour most of the island and try out a number of rides. I plan to finish the Sentosa trip until lunch time.

For lunch time, I heard that Kopitiam would be a great way to experience more of Singaporean food where numerous hawker stands serve a lot of both local and foreign cuisines.

Right after lunch in the afternoon, I would immediately start the city tour and meet the Merlion! The Merlion is an internationally famous Singaporean symbol. When you see it, you know they are pertaining to Singapore.
This would be followed by nearby Esplanade. A spectactacularly architectured theater by the bay. And of course, I wouldn't miss the National Museum of Singapore as well.
The mid-afternoon is another good time to relax and try more of Singapore's good food! Specific dishes that come into mind would be Hainanese Chicken Rice and Satay with the peanut sauce!
If you want to try something whose name sounds interesting, try Roti Prata. I want to try this crispy Indian pancake with chicken curry because I missed this in my last visit. Then partner it with the Teh Tarik drink (milk tea).

And finally for the afternoon snack would be Char Kway Teow. Filipinos love fried noodles back home. So this Singaporean style white noodles friend with dark sweet sauce, bean sprouts, and sausage is surely something I don't want to miss.

Now that we are energized, visiting Singapore is never complete without shopping. Therefore, I am alloting the late afternoon for some quick shopping in Marina Bay and Geylang Serai. I love the affordable prices of electronic gadgets in Singapore so this is mainly what I'm after - a cool new handy digital camera.
Next, just before the sun go down, I would head to Night Safari, just like what I did last year. After the Night Safari and the entertainment show, I can be back at the city in time for a good dinner.

Food again! And the food I perfect for tonight would be Shrimp Laksa. This dish is a definite must try. I would pair it with Bak Kut Teh, Fish Head Curry and the ultimate Chili Crab! That would certainly give me an awesome dinner. And a finale desert could be a fried carrot cake which is a combination of rice flour and radish. Yumyum!
I would end my itinerary with the active night life by Boat Quay characterized by the best spots in Singaporean alfresco dining.
And this is only day-1! Surely, I would need more days to visit more of Singapore! I haven't been to Jurong Park, Chijmes, Lau Pa Sat and the Botanical Gardens. I would also like to ride the cruise on Star Virgo.

Uniquely Singapore Indeed!

Indulge in the Uniquely Singapore experience!

blog comments powered by Disqus