Sunday, June 28, 2009

Using Globe DUO: Convenience of a Mobile Landline in My Cellphone

Staying in two houses alternatively is a hassle, much worse when one of them does not have a landline. Sometimes I stay at QC and at times in Makati. Callers are usually manually redirected to my cellphone in case they wanted to reach me immediately. Hence I got myself another mobile landline service last year from another network.

It provided what I need although carrying another phone (aside from my cell phone) can be a little burden. I also had to spread the news about my new landline number.

And so I was ecstatic when Globe released one of their newest service combining the cellphone and landline in one - Globe Duo. Finally, it only needs one sim and one phone. With Globe Duo activated, I was able to call any landline and fellow Globe Duo subscribers unlimited.
Well, actually, I don't mind calling landline numbers form my cellphone under regular charges when necessary. So actually, the best part I liked most about it is that anyone can call me from their landline for free. It works just like they are calling me on a landline. My relatives and friends don't have to text me to call them back when they need to talk to me. They could easily reach me now. It may be a little pricey at P399/ month for postpaid plans, but I guess the price would eventually go down in time.

Call it trivial, but I call the househelper on the landline now from my Globe Duo to open the gates when I'm nearly approaching the house. I don't have to disturb the neighbors with the car horn when I come home late at night. :)

The signal is always clear and hasn't failed me so far in Metro Manila. Although, it's common knowledge that the service is currently limited to the NCR and Cebu only.

It's funny when sometimes I unintentioanlly call a buddy in Cavite. The electronic operator says: "Sorry, but the person you are trying to reach is out of the coverage area," or something like that. Hopefully it will expand soon to service a wider market (and so I can call my relatives in Batangas for free without using national direct dial).

Below are some helpful information on the Globe Duo service:

Charging:

For Postpaid


For postpaid plan customers, you just add P399 to your Globe plan which is good for 30 days.

For Prepaid

For prepaid plan customers, subscription to DUO Service is P125/5 days or P350/14 days, charged to your regular load.

How Does It Work:

* Once you are subscribed to DUO, you will be given your DUO landline number. Your mobile phone will now have two (2) numbers:
* • Your current mobile number (ex. 0917-XXX-XXXX) * • Your DUO landline number (ex. 02-XXX-XXXX)

* Upon activation, you can now make the following calls free of charge:
* • Your DUO phone to any landline * • Any landline to your DUO phone * • Your DUO phone to another DUO phone

Calls made to other mobile numbers or landlines outside the covered area/s are charged regular mobile rates.

* To call any landline: dial area code + landline number.

To call another DUO number: dial area code + DUO number of person you are calling.

No need for keywords or special prefixes!

NOTE: This service is initially available in NCR and Cebu until July 31, 2009 only. All calls outside the area code for NCR (02) and Cebu (032) will be charged regular mobile or NDD rates.
How To Avail:

For Postpaid (details here)
1. Subscriber can avail of the service through any Globe Business Center. Or you can register via SMS (with required SMS acceptance of Terms and Conditions). Simply text DUO INFO to 8888.

2. There will be an initial 90-day holding period for new activations, subject to pre-termination fee of P1,200.00.

3. You can avail of only one (1) active DUO landline number for every active Globe line at any one time.

4. After the holding period, subscription is auto-renewed on a monthly basis unless otherwise requested by the subscriber.
For Prepaid (details here)
1. Purchase a special DUO Prepaid SIM, available at a Globe Business Center or select retail partners in NCR or Cebu.

2. Load the SIM with a minimum amount equivalent to your desired DUO denomination:
  • • Text DUO 125 to subscribe for 5 days at P125.
  • • Text DUO 350 to subscribe for 14 days at P350.
  • • Area is MM for Metro Manila, and CEB for Cebu.
3. You can avail of only one (1) active DUO landline number for every active Globe line at any one time.

4. Your Prepaid DUO is valid for the number of days you subscribe to. Upon expiry, you have 30 days to reload in order to retain your DUO landline number. If you activate your DUO subscription after this 30-day period, you will be assigned a new DUO number.
For more details on the Globe Duo service. Check the Globe site here.


blog comments powered by Disqus