Held at the Crown Plaza in Ortigas, this year's Samsung AV Roadshow 2011 focused largely on the Samsung Smart TV; but that is for another article. :)
NX11 Compact System Camera
Allow me to focus on the new NX11 Compact System Camera for now. In addition to the NX family of cameras, the NX11 contains a feature set similar to Samsung’s first mirrorless interchangeable lens camera, the NX10.
NX11 improved in the grip design for comfort and easier shooting. It also has a lens priority mode dial to simplify mode searching for each lens.
More importantly, it now has a panorama mode for taking landscape scenes or large groups. The panorama mode allows for a one press-and-sweep motion similar to what competitor brands also came up with.
Similar to NX10, NX11 still uses APS-C sensor, which is larger than that of a Micro 4/3 for high-quality images. It can be said that NX11 is a combination of the NX100 and NX10.
"Because a typical camera user wraps their hand around the lens when holding the camera, the new i-Function system means that photographers can naturally use their left hand to change settings through a button..."
|Samsung AV Roadshow 2011|
SRP - PhP 39,990.00 (18-55 i-fn lens kit)
Image Sensor - 23.4×15.6mm; CMOS; Approx. 14.6 Megapixels
Lens - Samsung NX Mount; Samsung Lenses for Samsung NX Mount
Image Stabilization - Lens Shift (depends on Lens)
Dimension - 123 x 87 x 39.8mm (excluding the projecting part)
Weight - 353g (without battery and card)
• Super sonic drive
• 3.0” AMOLED
• EVF VGA (640x480) 921k dots equiv.
• Multi : Normal 15points, Close Up 35points
• Face Detection : Max. 10faces
• Electronically controlled vertical-run focal plane shutter
• Metering : Multi, Center-weighted, Spot
• TTL Auto Pop-up flash
• Smart Flash, Auto, Auto + Red-eye reduction,
• Internal Flash with 28mm wide-angle coverage
(Equivalent to 35mm)
• Samsung External Flash available (SEF-42A, SEF-20A, SEF15A : Optional)
• Hot Shoe
• Smart Auto, Lens Priority, Program, Shutter Priority AE, Aperture Priority AE, Manual, Sound Picture, Panorama, Scene, Movie
• 13 Scene Modes
(Beauty shot, Children, Close Up, Text, Sunset, Dawn, Backlight, Fireworks, Beach & Snow, Night, Portrait, Landscape, Sports)
• RAW : 14M (4592x3056)
• Super fine , Fine, Normal
• 720p/30fps HD Movie Recording with MP4 (H.264)
Other Samsung AV Roadshow 2011 products aside from the NX11 Compact System Camera to be featured soon.